Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Here and there in Italy



Bocca di Magra


Here and there in Italy
Once the Chapter reached his conclusion I stay ten days more in Italy in order to meet some people and different realities.
Between Saturday and Sunday, May 13th and 14th, I visit Don Ivo, my great friend, the parish priest at Casone di Marina di Massa. On Sunday I meet with great joy Maurizio, Maria Rita, Fabrizio and Alessandra, coming from far away Orte. We stay together for a few hours while we celebrate the Mass, and joyfully I receive a statue of Our Lady of Loreto, which I’ll bring to Bozoum. In the evening I finally arrive in Cuneo: today, in Italy, is the Mother's Day, and I took the great opportunity to stay with my mom who turned 90 years old on January.
Wednesday and Thursday I’m travelling again. I leave early from Cuneo, and after a stop at San Damiano d'Asti for some purchases for the church, in the morning I reach Milan, where I have an important meeting with the Carmelites of the Lombardy Province. At our meeting Is present the Father General. We have a long conversation and exchange of point of view regarding the current collaboration between our Mission in Central Africa and their Mission in Cameroon. After an evening with Cassina Amata's friends, who support the Orphans Arc en Ciel Center, along with the ONG Siriri in Prague, I drive towards Liguria. In the morning, I have a meeting in Genoa to discuss the great project of the new convent of Bangui, and then in the afternoon I move to Savona to visit the Mother General of the Sisters of Bozoum.  
The remaining days go away really fast, with a good numbers of meetings. They leave me always amazed because of such great interest to Central Africa, where by the way, the situation continues to be very worrying.
And Tuesday morning I will return to Bozoum, where I hope to arrive on Wednesday, just in time for the Ascension Day, which is celebrated in Central Africa on Thursday.







Corpus Domini, Milano

Santa Maria Nuova, Abbiategrasso

No comments:

Post a Comment